Wednesday, October 11, 2017

StuPidiTy CosTs.... Part 2

September 15, I woke up at 4 a.m., did packing, took a bath, did praying, then checked-out at 6 a.m. 

I went to Kannai station, the nearest JR stations from my hotel, to take the Yokohama line to go to Shin-Yokohama station. Trains came one after another. Wait a minute, why were they all Keihin-Tohoku line? Well, OK, I'll just wait at Yokohama station, maybe the first train departs from the central station, I thought. So I took the Keihin-Tohoku line to Yokohama station. 

But again, trains came one after another, none of them were Yokohama line. Why oh why.....? I came to an officer to ask about the Yokohama line timetable (why didn't I do it two days before???). He just told me to wait at line 4 (well, I already at line 4 for about 1 hour!). Then after some time wandering around, finally I found an information center. Guess what, the first train of Yokohama line departed at 8.39 a.m. from Yokohama station. Darn! I missed my shinkansen train, and since it was a long weekend all the unreserved seats were already occupied. First stupidity cost me 1.5 hours standing in the Shinkansen train from Shin-Yokohama until Nagoya. 

I arrived at Shin-Osaka station, thinking I'd keep my luggage in Osaka station. Then I thought to keep it at subway station near the Osaka Castle. But then, I didn't find any coin locker! Argh! I brought my backpack with me wandering around Osaka Castle! Second stupidity cost me a very tired body. Luckily, there was a luggage storage room near the Osaka Castle ticket vending machine. Thank God!

From Osaka Castle, I then walked to Tenmangu shrine through Tenjinbashi-suji shopping street. I don't recommend you walking from one end to another, it's a very long shopping street, it will cost you broken legs! Ah well, I thought my legs were broken, third stupidity.

I went back to JR Osaka station using the subway line. Just before I bought a ticket, a nice lady came to me and handed me over a ticket. I didn't check the ticket, and I didn't understand what she was trying to say, so I still bought a ticket. In the train then I checked it. It seemed like a one-day ticket, then I realized the lady didn't use it anymore since it was at the end of the day, so she gave it to anyone looked like he/she was going to buy a ticket. In this case, me. Well, fourth stupidity cost me 230 yen, the pass was only valid for subway trains.

Arrived at Osaka station, I then jumped to whatever train said bound to Kyoto. Reached Kyoto about 30 minutes later, around 8 p.m. Then I took a bus to Imagumano bus-stop. My fifth stupidity was that I didn't ask to be picked-up. It was an 8-minutes walking up the "hill" and cost me not only broken legs, but also broken shoulders!

Aside from that, the hostel was very convenient.

... (to be continued) 

No comments:

Post a Comment